Financial & Management Accountant
A media and communications agency based in Central London seek an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified Accountant, who is both commercially focused and technically competent. Candidates will have a strong academic background and will be career minded.
Reporting to the Finance Director - International, the Finance Manager will gain experience in a diverse role that includes responsibilities across monthly reporting (both UK and overseas), budgeting, statutory accounts, tax and treasury.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Consolidating the Group Management accounts on a monthly basis and reporting them to the stakeholders including Senior Management within the business and the parent company. This will include variance analysis against budget, prior year and forecast.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for the two holding companies.
- Prepare weekly short-term cash-flow forecasts for the Group.
- Review the Group companies’ balance sheets and working capital.
- Review Bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with the bank with regard to account maintenance.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the Group (currently a mix of 4 trading and 2 holding companies).
- Support the year- end audit process including preparation of audit requirements and resolution of queries.
- Prepare and analyse the Groups VAT return.
- Internal point of contact within the Group for VAT queries.
- Prepare the Corporate Tax Analysis to support the parent companies Tax Manager in her preparation of the company's tax returns.
- Consolidation of the budget packs and reporting of the annual budget to the parent company.
- Continual development of financial processes and controls.
- Manage the internal audit process on an annual basis.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A recently qualiffied ACA, ACCA or CIMA who is both commercially focused and technically competent, with a well-rounded understanding of business in general.
- Previous Media experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP including experience of preparing statutory accounts.
- Well organised with the ability to be flexible and respond to changing deadlines and requests.
- You must take real pride in your work and have a strong sense of ownership with a committed, "Can do" attitude.
- Great team player.
- Intermediate (ideally advanced) Excel ability with experience using Pivot Tables, vlookups, data linking etc.
- Knowledge of accounting and consolidation packages - Paprika and Cognos an advantage