Billing and Collections Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arose to join a Publishing company based in Central London.
Our client is seeking a Billings and Collections Assistant to join their team and assist the B&C Controller with the collection of overdue debt across all entities, encouraging cash collections and reducing the possibility of bad debt as well as escalating any problematic accounts where necessary
Your duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of the complete daily Multi-currency billing process from extracting the data from the CRM system, creating new customer accounts in Microsoft Nav, to importing the data and checking the billing information that has been input is correct ensuring we are charging UK, German, Dutch, NY tax, where applicable, correctly.
- Dealing with billing queries from internal/external customers.
- Processing card payments daily for CC orders submitted through CRM and the posting of these payments onto customer accounts, creating intercompany journals for payments taken for our HK Company in Ltd and processing a separate journal to the merchant control account.
- Assist with the cash receipting / bank recs in the absence of our other collections assistant.
- Investigate any unallocated cash receipts.
There is scope to eventually get involved with the reconciliation of revenue for Conference's Delegate and Sponsorship monies, against P&L's received from Events Producers / Managers.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong Credit Control and/or billings experience
- Good understanding of basic accounting with some exposure to journals.
- Good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of different EU VAT rates and where these would be applicable (desirable).
- Good communications skills - able to deal with people at all levels.
- Microsoft Nav experience would be advantageous.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.