My client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get us there!
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why they are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry, work with world-class talent, develop their careers and become part of our remarkable culture.
The Engineering Team
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm. We support all departments throughout the business in delivering their world class services and adding massive value for all our customers.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop internal systems, tools and websites with millions of visitors per month.
- Work as part of a motivated and focused team.
- Help to improve how the team operates through better process, best practice and feedback from stakeholders.
- Fluent in PHP or another web programming language such as Python, Ruby or Java.
- Strong database development experience in at least one of MySQL, Postgres, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Fluent in HTML and CSS.
- Web API experience with JSON and / or XML.
- Experience with JQuery and AJAX.
- Be comfortable with one of Git or SVN (preferably Git…)
- Comfortable with Linux, Apache and/or NGinx.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Picks up new skills and technologies quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets