Senior FP&A Analyst- Contract
My client a leading Retail business are seeking to hire on a six month FTC.
- To support the FP&A Manager with the delivery of key reporting, planning analysis processes.
- Review of historical results (business as usual and initiatives) to improve understanding of the territory’s performance and challenge financial information provided by others, ensuring the integrity of internal and external reporting and narrative.
- Territory FP&A reporting for the UK&I Exec and Group that provides insight and adds value
- Forward looking planning processes and submissions to Group FP&A (weekly outlook, quarterly forecast, budget, 3-year plan)
- Other analysis, presentations and reporting as required by the UK&I Executive teams and Group FP&A (e.g. Director’s Cut, bond reporting, ad hoc requests etc)
- This position sits within the UK&I FP&A Team and will also work closely with the UK&I FP&A Business Partners, UK&I Management Accountants and the Group FP&A team. Other key stakeholders include relevant UK&I Departments and the Senior UK&I Management.
- Take ownership of assigned areas (market/share/film model/admissions/ATP/SPP/Other P&L lines/ pricing initiatives), reviewing all key numbers and analysis prepared by other information owners to ensure a full understanding of your areas.
- Appropriately challenge numbers and analysis for assigned areas to ensure robustness of information and ensure that decisions are being made on accurate insight
- Play an active role in month end meetings and challenge management accountants, market analysts and business partners on numbers to ensure accurate month end reporting and to help share knowledge and understanding within the Finance team
- Communicate key information in a timely manner to the FP&A Manager
- Identify business trends and areas of concern and conduct further analysis, both in BAU and initiatives, working with business partners and management accountants as required, to understand the factors behind the changes/trends occurring an provide clear actionable insight
- Create effective and credible business partnerships with key stakeholders, including Group FP&A, to improve communication and cross-functional working across the business
- Responsible for preparation pf the weekly outlook fil for the FP&A Manager to present at the weekly Outlook review and responsible for submission of the final file with commentary to Group
- Responsible for maintain the core planning models (BAU file and initiatives master file) used for the quarterly forecast/annual budget-3-year plan, consolidating the BAU file with the initiatives file and ensuring all relevant files are properly linked and aligned at all times
- Support the FP&A Manager in preparing presentation materials to communicate financial plans to key business stakeholders
- Participate in the Operations planning sign-off process (Budget and forecasts by site) with the Operations Finance Business Partner
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the film model (including latest market/share/competition analysis) to be able to review and challenge weekly changes and forecast/budget models
- Ensure film model is reflecting the latest ATP assumptions per Pricing Team
- Work with the Pricing Team to fully understand and challenge ATP forecasts and price elasticity assumptions. This includes having ownership of the final ATP numbers used in the weekly outlook, quarterly forecast/budget/3-year plan submissions the Group
- Work with the Pricing Team to develop ATP/Pricing initiatives and provide all forecast/budget/3-year plan outputs and monthly reporting required for these initiatives
- Work with the Retail business partner to fully understand and challenge SPP forecasts that are used in the weekly outlook, quarterly forecast, budget and 3-year plan submissions to Group
- Work with management accountants and the business partners to understand and challenge numbers and assumptions for other P&L lines or quarterly forecast/budget/3-year plan assumptions
- Continuously look for ways to simplify and streamline all planning processes to improve information flows and consistency of information and free up time for other value adding activities
- Pro-actively prepare analysis for the FP&A Manager to challenge budget and forecast assumptions
- Support the FP&A Manager with preparation of regular presentations for Territory and Group Board meetings, UK Executive, Leadership team and Director’s cut
- Support the FP&A Manager with other ad hoc analysis and presentations as required
- Be pro-active in identifying further areas for analysis that can be shared with the wider business to provide insight and drive change
- Qualified ACMA, or ACA
- Demonstrable reporting and planning experience in a medium to large corporate entity
- Ability to work accurately and to manage tight timelines in a fluid environment
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with the ability to connect the financial numbers with the commercial narrative
- Experience within a Retail/multi-site environment