Nuffield Health are currently looking for a Category Specialist to work within the Procurement team to support the delivery of category strategies and leading key areas in adherence with Nuffield Health's policies and governance process to enable delivery of value through strategic sourcing activities and supplier relationship management.
- Delivering category strategies for their areas of responsibility.
- Lead sourcing initiatives, providing technical and market expertise, content expertise and value delivery (total cost of ownership), whilst reporting risk and issues with suppliers.
- Accountable for their specific categories, with responsibility for total expenditure to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet the businesses' requirements.
- Accountability for delivering cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and team targets.
- Lead the supplier selection and qualification process and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits, opportunities and business requirements.
- Deliver negotiation plans, with support from the their Category Lead/ Manager, for commercial contract negotiations on behalf of the organisation.
- Implement the sourcing plan to deliver agreed savings, in accordance with the category plan.
- Deliver project in accordance with sourcing methodology.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to deliver requirements.
- Support the budgeting process across financial divisions.
- Manage supplier relationships from a commercial perspective, working with the operational business owners in order to meet business needs, through control of costs, cost reductions, quality improvement, ongoing service enhancement and risk management.
- Participates in team activities and supports communicating and advocating procurement throughout the organisation.
- Ownership of content for their categories supporting Procurement Excellence activities to manage data and deliver internal and external reporting.
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and procedures for own area of responsibility.
- Develop innovative solutions by challenging the status quo and business requirements.
- Strategic sourcing and category management expertise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced negotiator; proficient in drawing upon and developing fact based negotiation plans.
- Experience of working closely with and influencing internal stakeholders to ensure a successful commercial outcome.
- Basic knowledge of contact law; proficient at drafting commercial contracts.
- Commercially focused with proven ability of considering total cost of ownership and delivering added value.
- Relevant experience of working within cross functional/business unit teams to deliver procurement projects.
- Personal drive, motivation and ambition to succeed.
- Confident and professional.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
Location: Our Support Centre is located in the heart of the town - 5 minutes' walk from Epsom train station, which is just 35 minutes from London Waterloo and 46 minutes from London Victoria.
Benefits: We're a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you'll enjoy more than a competitive salary. We offer flexible working to make the most of every day and development opportunities to make you feel respected, trusted, and valued. We offer fantastic employee benefits including gym membership of our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, a free onsite gym at Epsom offering exercise classes and discounted personal training, an annual health assessment, an interest free season ticket loan, a Cycle to Work Scheme and a Retirement Savings Plan.
Interested? A bit more about us…: Nuffield Health is the UK's largest health providers, operating as a not for profit organisation. It delivers services from more than 200 locations including Hospitals, Physiotherapy, Fitness and Wellbeing clubs, Health Assessment Centres and client workplaces.
We provide clinical, fitness and wellbeing services to the general public, private organisations, and the NHS. We have a unique approach to improving health in the UK, putting the quality of care and satisfaction of individuals and companies at the heart of what we do and, in the process, improving the health of millions of people.