I'm currently partnered with a highly acquisitive, global technology business based in West London. Off the back of a number of well publicised acquisitions they are looking to add to their finance team and are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller.
This is a newly created role and requires a strong manager who can bring real energy and passion to inspire a team of 6 to greater things!
It's an opportunity to further embed the management accounts team further within the business, create a new board pack that will increase transparency on performance and enable the business to make key commercial decisions.
You will need to be a highly analytical Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with circa 5+ years PQE.
It's essential that you bring strong experience producing KPI's / management reporting pack, and have experience leading a team with good examples where you have driven improvements and made a difference.
The key attribute they are looking for is an engaging personality to drive the stakeholder engagement across the business and a positive / pro-active approach to breathe life in to a team and deliver great results.
- Lead a team of Finance Business Partners in providing a high quality and value adding business partnering service to budget holders and other stakeholders.
- Report the monthly management accounts and Key Performance Indicators for the Group and all subsidiaries, monitor progress against the budgets and forecasts, and produce relevant commentary including variance analysis. This should include ensuring that reporting correctly represents the financial performance of the group
- Working with the Business Partners and budget holders develop annual individual budgets, and quarterly forecasts;
- Review and interrogate accounting systems for the financial performance of the individual and Group companies, confirming the reliability of the source data and facilitating month end adjustments where necessary
- Promote financial awareness within the Group to support the Business Plan; this will include representing Finance at various Senior Forums
- Maintain a constant review of the Group's information needs and make recommendations for improving the quality of information provided
If interested and you would like to discuss further, please get in touch with Gareth Powlson on