Senior 2 Physiotherapist Band 6 - The Wellington Hospital
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 2 Physiotherapist (Band 6 equivalent) to join our Physiotherapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). The service covers a 46-bedded Rehabilitation Unit and a Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit which both have an established interdisciplinary team approach.
The Senior 2 Physiotherapist post offers an excellent range of rotations between impatient neurological rehabilitation, prolonged disorders of consciousness unit and neurology outpatients.
- Job Type: Full-Time; permanent post.
- Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday; 9am - 5:15pm) plus on-call Rota when required.
- Salary: £30,979 - £37,814 per annum plus comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex neurological needs.
- Implement clear, clinically reasoned and appropriate individualised treatment plans/programs which are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding such as foreign language or due to speech/hearing/visual impairment, cognitive/perceptual difficulties.
- Provide clinical supervision to more junior members of staff, ensuring that therapy assistants are competent in the provision of exercise programs you have requested be carried out.
- When working on the emergency on call Rota as an autonomous practitioner, undertake the assessment and treatment of acutely ill patients with respiratory problems and provide advice to medical and nursing staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team regarding patient's respiratory status.
- To be actively involved in education, evidence based practice and audit projects for the development of the physiotherapy service.
Skills & Experience
- Health and Care Professions Council Physiotherapy registration.
- Clinical experience in neurology and Respiratory including tracheostomy management.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of approaches to the management of neurological patients.
- Demonstrable problem solving and clinical reasoning ability.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people in clinical and non-clinical areas from a variety of backgrounds and skill mix.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.