To c.£100,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a fast-growing, well-established and substantially funded specialist lender who are about to embark on a major period of growth having been recently granted a banking licence.
We have been mandated to assist them in appointing a Legal Counsel to manage the legal function across the group.
Based out of Head Office in central London and reporting to the COO you will have a broad range of legal responsibilities including:
- Advising and managing the legal process issues with regards to the group’s funding lines.
- Negotiating and advising on general commercial agreements.
- Negotiating and advising on joint ventures, acquisitions and corporate finance that the Group maybe involved with.
- Acting as Company Secretary to Group entities including responsibility for company filings and advising on company law matters.
- Working with internal clients to understand products, services and strategy to ensure the right terms, conditions and agreements are concluded to minimise risks.
- Manage the provision of legal advice from external lawyers on an efficient, cost effective basis.
- Work pro-actively with the company’s compliance function to maximise efficiencies.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of appropriate risk based legal frameworks for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting legal risks across the business.
We are keen to receive applications and enquiries from legal professionals who are qualified to practice as a solicitor / attorney or barrister / advocate. You must have experience of handling complex transactions and able to learn a complicated, dynamic and entrepreneurial business. Team fit is critical as the business prides itself on its old fashioned values, providing a positive and well-run environment.