Apple Mac Engineer
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st - 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for a Second Line Mac Engineer to join the team in our London office, providing unparalleled service excellence to our base of over 400 clients and 13,000 end users across the UK.
We are looking for a (Junior-mid-level) Apple Mac Support Engineer to add to our team of 100+ Service Desk engineers. Working with 1 other dedicated Mac specialist you will provide support to our client base who enjoy a Mac estate both remotely and onsite & provide your specialist knowledge to our pre-sales team. Your work will be varied as we do provide services to Windows based clients too; so, experience and a willingness to work within this area is important.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key deliverables can be summarised as follows:
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
- Break/Fix support for Apple OSX and iOS products
- Provision of advice and best practice as an Apple solutions authority.
- Desk side and remote support to Apple users.
- Informal Training (1:1 and group) to clients on optimal use of Apple products
- To be a source of expertise on Apple technology for peers and colleagues
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- You will have a 'hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensuring SLA’s are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
Location and environment
This role will be based in our London (Farringdon) Offices; however, you will work amongst a Support Team split across client sites, London, Cape Town, Manchester and Woking offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. We’re proud of our employee engagement and have successfully been listed in the Sunday Times "Best Companies to Work for" for six years and with our group companies, 11 of the last 13 years.
We’re also pleased with our number 80 ranking in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 which tracks the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot all OSX / iOS issues
- Ability to devise solutions and workarounds for hybrid Apple / Windows environments
- Experience to integrate Apple products with network infrastructure; WiFi, VPNs, Firewalls, printers etc.
- Knowledge and working application of network fundamentals eg. DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLANs,
- Working knowledge of the MS Windows server product line and features, specifically Active Directory, Exchange, DFS
- Rebuilds of Mac workstations
- Installation of Mac software
- A formal Apple Mac qualification
Generic essential individual attributes:
- Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
- Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
- Flexible, calm and approachable, 'can do’ attitude
- Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
- Working hours will be 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday - Friday, rotational shifts between 7am - 7pm UK time)
- Offices located in Farringdon (Central London)
- Package of up to £28k per annum depending on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free daily breakfasts and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.