Analyst - Capital Markets
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Analyst to join a mid tier bank in Central London. The role sits a team that takes responsibility for managing multiple projects and tasks for the Investment Banking Division and M&A teams. As an integral member of the team you will be degree educated and ideally have an Accounting Qualification (although this is preferred and not essential). Following graduation you will need experience in Investment Banking ideally within Capital Markets.
The role requires a close working relationship with the Investment Bankers on a direct daily basis across all levels from Analyst to Managing Director. You will also partner with other regions and internal support functions.
- Liaison with IB Group heads on a wide ranging number of tasks to support the them in the ongoing management of their groups
- Preparation of presentation, business planning, market and competitor analysis and staff management matters
- Administrator for Business Acceptance Committee for M&A
- Liaising with Bankers to understand and manage the forward deal pipeline
- Working closely with Finance on pipeline reporting, revenue performance, forecasting and ad hoc analysis
- Developing MIS and production of MIS for Senior Management
- Management of a variety of projects related to running the business day to day
- Active role in producing materials for business planning off-sites
Our client will consider you if you have a relevant degree and experience in Investment Banking in a role that uses Excel to at least an intermediate level along with knowledge of market analysis tools. This is a very commercial role and it is therefore essential that you have clear, methodical and engaging communication skills that are also consistent. There are a number of stakeholders you will be liaising with and presenting to so a confident manner and an understanding of organisational behaviour will also be key.
Other characeristics for this role entail, self-motivation, dedicated team player with common sense and a good sense of humour. You must have the ability to operate in a high pressure environment and may have to work long hours from time to time, particularly evenings during the week.