A unique opportunity has arisen working with a growing and specialist investment manager within its headquarters in London. The firm also has offices in New York, Hong Kong and Dublin. The manager specialises in managing funds invested into low carbon energy projects across the globe, working with large scale multi-national companies and a number of Governments, including the UK Government. We invite applications from individuals with in-depth Financial Modelling experience, ideally with an infrastructure/energy background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support (with a view to lead) originate new transactions in the energy efficiency and renewable space
- Attend meetings with management teams and help manage key relationships
Be involved in the whole life-cycle of the deal process, typically as part of a two-person deal team. This will include:
- Develop and own financial modelling and valuation workstream;
- Working with senior modellers in the team to have financial modelling audited;
- Preparing investment papers and presentations for internal and external use;
- Interaction with external financial and technical advisers;
- Produce tax computations;
- Assistance with in-house counsel with legal work including interaction with lawyers and document management;
- Research tasks and producing notes on policy and fiscal incentives;
- Managing the due diligence process with third parties;
- Any other ad-hoc deal related activities
- Assist other team members to measure and monitor the performance of portfolio companies, as well as help to implement operational changes and monetisation
- Assisting to prepare materials for meetings with potential investors
Skills required (essential)
- At least 3 years’ relevant financial industry experience with an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm
- Able to contribute to a positive, constructive working atmosphere with a focus on problem solving;
- Strong desire to work within the sector;
- Familiar with UK tax regime for infrastructure investments;
- Strong communication skills, easily able to lead interactions with internal and external colleagues, investors and clients;
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Be proactive, with ability to take on a high degree of responsibility and to execute critical work streams with limited supervision.
- Motivation to work in a buyside team with particular focus on value creation through deal structuring
- Ability to think critically in order to assess investment opportunities.
- Degree educated (or equivalent).
Energy / Utilities is beneficial.
Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus, private health and 25 days hols.
Source Financial Recruitment Ltd operating as an employment agency for all permanent positions. Source Financial Recruitment Ltd are only able to process applications from candidates who have the right to live in the UK.