A fantastic career opportunity has become available for newly/recently qualified Financial Accountant.
The vacancy is in one of the world's most elite foreign exchange firm's and a background within the financial services industry or practice is required. Our client is looking for a skilled financial accountant to be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts, VAT compliance and undertaking some regulatory reporting.
- Assist in compiling the monthly management accounts - posting monthly journals relating to interest, tax and intercompany recharges.
- Conduct departmental cost analysis.
- Assist with VAT compliance.
- Compile and provide initial analysis of the monthly P&L.
- Complete tax analysis reports.
- The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
- To analyse and review the trading balance sheet for monthly changes and potential errors.
- To conduct reconciliations between third party statements, the trading platform and accounting system.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant.
- Either practice experience based in accounts preparation and tax compliance, or industry experience within the financial services sector.
- Experience of accounting IFRS.
- Foreign exchange experience preferable. Commodity, brokerage, or equity trading experience suitable.
- Experience with the following accounting software desirable; SAGE 200, Caseware and Alphatax.