Associate Business Manager - Rochester - Permanent
School: Secondary School, Rochester
Job title: Associate Business Manager
Job Start date: September
Salary: £24,174 to £31,601
A "Good" school near the Medway is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Associate Business Manager. The commitment to CPD and career progression at the school is second-to-none, making it an ideal environment in which to develop your successful career as a teacher.
A recent testimonial from an NQT with the school states:
"For me joining the academy has been an incredible learning curve which has been both challenging and supportive. The opportunities for staff to develop their teaching practice are part of everyday life with targeted professional development and the ability to work collaboratively within my own team and across the wider community. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else."
As well as this the vast majority of the staff at the school were trained there and have remained there throughout their careers, which provides some insight into the schools intention to progress good staff.
In this position, you will be acting as a Financial Accountant and assistant to the Business Manager. With responsibility to the Head of Finance and MTSA Director.
As the Associate Business Manager you will be required to:
- Provide high quality financial information to ensure that the Trust makes the best possible use of resources
- Work closely with the Senior Business Managers in the operation of financial systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all financial legislation relating to the Trust
- Provide support to staff within the primary academies responsible for financial matters to ensure that appropriate standards of behaviour, performance and customer care are demonstrated at all times
- Actively contribute to the implementation of school improvement programmes
- Proactively to develop effective working relationships with staff, pupils, parents, academy governors, Trust directors and other stakeholders and have the ability to challenge financial decisions when required
- Support the planning of capital purchase programmes and appropriate policies for the procurement, depreciation and disposal of assets for the designated academies
- Assist with the preparation of a three-year financial plan for each academy
- Prepare financial reports, estimates and completion of financial returns
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required
We welcome applicants with a strong financial background who can offer:
- Appropriate financial business management qualification from the National College
- Substantial experience in financial management
- Experience of working in a complex business with competing stakeholders and priorities
- Ability to manage complex budgets with competing priorities
- Highly competent computer skills, in particular Word, Excel, email and school software packages - PS Financials, Orovia, SIMS preferable.
- Provide accurate reports and accounts and have the emotional resilience to accept any errors
- Ability to work under own initiative with good personal, administrative and time management skills
- A motivated and committed team leader who has the ability to bring out the best of other people in line with the Trust's ethos and culture.
- Be flexible and open to change and enjoy working at a fast pace
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Act as a role model to staff and students
It would also be desirable if you could offer:
- Educated to degree level in accountancy or other relevant subject or appropriate experience
- Experience of working in education sector including a Trust/Academy setting
- An understanding of the structure of leadership within a Trust/Academy environment
- Ability to contribute to strategic financial business plans
We have been working in partnership with this school for several years and interviewees that visit the school and secure an interview are always impressed with the head teachers vision and passion for his school - often stating they would love to work for him
To apply and for further information, please contact Paul Madigan at CER Recruitment on .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).