Java Developer - Leading Ecommerce company- up to 60k
- 10th fastest growing digital company in Europe
- Top 100 Tech Track of the Sunday Times
- Tech City Future Fifty
A growing pet-focused ecommerce business is seeking a confident Java Developer with great knowledge of Spring and MVC concepts. You’ll be joining us at a really exciting time as we undergo a large company wide transformation and re-branding project. Working in a small but rapidly growing Agile team you will help us to develop our network of 14 pan-european SAP Hybris based ecommerce websites. Beyond Hybris we also maintain several microservice integrations with SAP, suppliers and warehouse management systems.
They work in a fast paced but friendly agile environment where staff are empowered to take ownership of their work. The ideal candidate will be keen to help they find innovative and pragmatic solutions to rapidly changing business requirements. The role covers the full spectrum of development activities including; gathering requirements, communicating technical issues, developing new functionality, investigating and fixing issues & defects.
- At least 3 years commercial programming experience in Java and one other object oriented languageComfortable working in an Agile development environment, previous experience with Scrum or Kanban would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Java Core version 7
- Previous experience of working with Spring Framework and a solid understanding of MVC design patterns
- Proficient working with relational databases and SQL queries
- Understanding of web technologies, including: HTTP, JSP, HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience of using an ORM such as Hibernate
- Comfortable working from a unix based command line
- Understanding of team workflows using GIT version control
- Experience writing unit tests with JUnit and Mockito
- Comfortable translating business requirements into working code and explaining technical concepts back to non-technical users and customers.
The Ideal Candidate would also have
- Previous experience working with Hybris or any other e-commerce platform
- Previous experience working with a web CMS system
- Understanding of dev-ops tooling, for example; AWS, CDN, load balancers, memcached, puppet, ansible
- Backend performance optimisation including experience working with VisualVM, JMeter, New Relic, Percona
- Experience of front-end optimisations, including; JS/CSS compilers, page speed optimisation, A/B testing, Google Analytic
If this is of interest, please send your CV through ASAP.