Graduate Structural Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer has arisen at this small but well-established and highly profitable structural engineering company based a few minutes' walk from Worthing town centre.
- Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- Generous bonus
- Company car as experience is gained
- Assistance to Chartered status
- 1-5 years' work experience in industry
- Current design experience and drawing skills
- Strong IT capabilities including current working knowledge of Microsoft Office and autoCAD
- Full driving licence
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to climb ladders, enter loft spaces, and other physical activities essential to the job including the ability to cope with heights
- Legible hand calculations
- Working knowledge and understanding of British Standards and Building Regulations
- Strong degree in relevant subject
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Ability to deal directly with clients, suppliers and contractors in a professional manner with minimal supervision
- Experience of Contract Administration
- Conducting site visits, drafting reports and proposing remedial works
- Producing structural calculations, details and drawings to current British Standards and Building Regulations
- Advising on Building Regulations applications and tender documentation
- Carrying out design solutions in steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Providing on-site supervision
- Checking calculations
- Liaising with building control inspectors, clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Producing detailed working drawings and project documentation
About Philip Goacher Associates
Philip Goacher Associates was established in 1991 in Worthing, the largest town in West Sussex. The office is situated a few minutes' walk from the town centre and the seafront, within 20 minutes of Brighton and 1.5 hours' train ride of London.
Our projects range from simple structural reports on domestic properties to major renovation projects worth up to £5million, and our clients include banks, building societies, insurance companies and loss adjusters. We are the Approved Engineer for Goodwood Estate, managing the health and safety aspects of the yearly Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting events.
Areas of work: a major part of our business tends to be working on interesting Grade I and II Listed buildings in Brighton, and the areas we cover include East Sussex, West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Surrey and London.
Small but well-established and highly profitable, we are a friendly, supportive office and offer the right candidate a generous salary, bonuses, assistance towards Chartered status and opportunities to progress within the company.
For more information about the company and our work, please visit pgoacher.co.uk
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE