KennedyPearce Consulting are recruiting on behalf of a highly accomplished online retail company who have now set up a new online startup and are looking for a Financial Controller to head up the London branch, which will be situated near Aldgate. The role will involve setting up finance, systems and processes, reporting into the FD. The company are looking for a qualified accountant who has experience working in a broad role for small company, ideally from a retail background.
- Help with the business setup, finance package, co-ordinate with IT, sales, bank etc…
- Recruiting and managing your own finance team.
- Overseeing the day to day accounting processes
- Managing the production of monthly and annual accounts and assisting in the ongoing development of these processes.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- Managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with third parties for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Monitoring performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Help minimising financial risk to the company
- Provide insightful information to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Qualifications and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified - minimum of 2-3 years post qualification experience.
- Commercial background (ideally some e-commerce - not essential).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment