Compliance Analyst - Hedge Fund
Our client is one of the leading European Hedge Fund Managers, with approximately $30 billion assets under management. The firm operates from London, New York, and Hong Kong and as it has grown in assets, strategies and complexity, there is now a requirement for an additional Compliance resource in London to support the firm’s Legal and Compliance function.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support and advise on day-to-day regulatory work
- Assess the effectiveness of current policies, procedures and controls by undertaking monitoring of selected areas in accordance with the firm’s compliance monitoring programme
- Establish and maintain relationships at all levels of the business
- Understanding of quantitative investment decision and trading models and the applicable regulatory environment
- Assist in the analysis of new or changed regulatory requirements in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team
- Be capable of analysing compliance issues for which a systems-based solution is appropriate
- Assist in the drafting and updating of firm and group-wide policies and procedures
- Delivery of compliance training to the business, and aspects of local regulatory reporting.
- Prepare MI and other reports on compliance and regulatory issues for senior management
- Relevant Compliance experienced gained within a buy or sell-side firm. This will have included the provision of advice to front and middle offices and undertaking compliance monitoring.
- Sound knowledge of the FCA Handbook, in particular the Conduct of Business and Market Conduct rules, as well as the AIFMD.
- Awareness of forthcoming European legislation, including MiFID II.
- Educated to degree standard
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a sound knowledge of technology.
- Confident and articulate, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent report writing ability.
- Good attention to detail and sound planning, prioritisation, problem solving and