Legal Manager - In house
Edward Mann are recruiting for a large multi-national engineering company in Central London. Our client is looking for a candidate who is an LPC qualified solicitor.
The successful candidate will ensure that the franchise is performing its obligations under the franchise agreement. The candidate will also ensure that the necessary sub-contracts are in place and support procurement with the negotiation of contractual terms.
The successful candidate will also have to provide commercial support to the Legal Counsel, the SMT (particularly the Finance and Commercial Director) and the wider Management team in the delivery of the franchise obligations.
- To develop a constructive relationship which is based on a shared vision of collaboration and consistent delivery of obligations.
- To enhance the legal/commercial function and further embed commerciality throughout the business.
- To advise management on the detail of the Franchise Agreement, identifying risks and opportunities as they arise.
- To advise and support management on general legal queries.
- To liaise closely with the wider management team in relation to negotiations with the client, provide support on negotiating strategies and tactics, attend negotiations and support follow up actions.
- Liaise with the Legal Counsel and with the company to ensure best practice and uniformity across the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Key Competencies:
- Ideally a qualified Solicitor
- Experience of operating within contract arrangements in a commercial environment with a focus on delivery.
- Experience of managing contract compliance and assessing/minimising business risk.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.