Part Time Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant (Part-Time)
Location: Haywards Heath
Salary: £14,154 (FTE)
Job Type: Part-Time, Starting September 2017 - 19 hours per week
Closing date: 1st August 2017
Interview Date: Week commencing 7th August 2017
A Christian IAPS co-ed day and weekly boarding school for children aged 2½ -13 years situated in 300 acres of woodland, with excellent facilities and a caring family atmosphere are looking for a part time Learning Support Assistant. They are a thriving prep school in the heart of Sussex with a friendly, hardworking and supportive team.
The Learning Support Department enjoys close and caring relationships with parents and pupils within a very supportive team environment.
Reporting to the Director of Learning Development, you will be supporting pupils in groups and individually both in and out of their regular class lessons
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about supporting teaching and learning and have a real interest in developing new ways to support learning.
Main Purpose of Role
- To support pupils in groups and individually both in and out of their regular class lessons
- To coordinate and deliver group interventions in literacy and numeracy
- To communicate positively with parents and colleagues on pupil's needs and strengths
- To be a proactive and committed member of the Learning Support Department and wider school community
Teaching and Learning
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, Director of Learning Development, and class teachers.
- Assist in the implementation of support provision for pupils
- Provide support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom enabling them to fully participate in activities.
- Work with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists as necessary
- Assist class teachers and Director of Learning Development with maintaining pupil records
- Support pupils with emotional or social needs and help develop their social skills
- Coordinate with Director of Learning Development, teachers and assistants in the delivery of interventions for identified groups of pupils in the Junior and Middle sections of the school
- Participate in review of pupil progress in relation to interventions delivered
- Support class teachers in lesson preparation and planning to facilitate differentiation for learning and teaching
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and register with the update service.
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; SENCO, Special Educational Needs Assistant, Learning Support Worker, Assistant Teacher, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, SEN Support, Teaching Assistant, SEN Assistant, Learning Difficulties, SEN Teacher, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.