Year 3 Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Year 3 Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) - Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Duration: Full-Time (Maternity Cover)
Start: January 2018 (Until July 2018)
Salary: £25,000 - £44,000 (dependent on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Year 3 Class Teacher to provide maternity cover for 16-18 pupils within a charming co-educational preparatory school based in Tunbridge Wells.
If you are an accomplished KS2 / Primary teacher / Supply Teacher and looking for a role from January-July 2018, this Year 3 class teacher role could be the ideal opportunity for you.
About the School | KS2 Primary School Teacher
- Co-educational independent day school for 300+ pupils aged 3-13.
- Tatler's renowned Schools Guide - one of the leading prep schools in the country.
- In the last ISI inspection, the school was rated 'excellent in all areas' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
- The school emphasises the important of sports and creative activities and has an impressive Sports Hall, all-weather astro-turf, a 220-seater theatre; art and technology departments; and an outdoor classroom.
- The school's average class size is between 16 and 18, ensuring that teachers have great relationships with pupils and can ensure they can reach their academic potential.
- Easily accessible by road and excellent transport links.
Personal Specification | KS2 Primary School Teacher
- Appropriate qualifications and experience of Key Stage 2
- Successful teaching record
- Shared commitment to the schools ethos of high expectations and focus on creating an outstanding learning environment.
- Good knowledge of National Curriculum requirements
- The ability to work collaboratively and supportively
- Commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good IT/IWB skills
- Effective classroom management skills, including catering for individual needs
Required skills | KS2 Primary School Teacher
- UK Qualified Teacher Status - QTS and other appropriate qualification.
- Experience of working with Primary School pupils
- Broad knowledge and experience of the syllabus/curriculum
- A current enhanced DBS certificate
- Class Teacher committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
Desired skills (non-essential) | KS2 Primary School Teacher
- Extra-curricular activities welcomed - especially contributions to Sport, Drama and Creative Arts.
How to apply:
Please apply online for this Year 3 Class Teacher role if you have the following experience:
KS1 Teacher | KS2 Teacher | Primary School Teacher | Junior School Teacher | Class Teacher | Year 3 Class Teacher | Qualified Teacher Status | QTS | Maternity Cover | Supply Teacher |
Closing date: The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 25th August 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 11th September 2017.
Social Care & Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.