My client, a dynamic and growing FMCG company based in Hampstead, London, are seeking a Buyer / Procurement Officer to hold responsibility for building and maintaining strong relationships with third parties, suppliers and relevant stakeholders
The position of Buyer / Procurement Officer will report in to the Supply Chain Manager and work with them to ensure that the end to end Supply Chains runs as smoothly as possible - exceeding service levels, minimising costs and always looking for process improvements.
This is a varied role, requiring someone with experience within both procurement and supply chain, along with an intermediate working knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, V Lookups).
Location - London - NW3
Salary - up to £30,000 + Bonus
Key responsibilities for the Buyer / Procurement Officer -
- Wear many guises; one moment you'll be an Analyst, producing stock reports. The next, you might be involved in customer account management, working collaboratively with customers to put together supply chain solutions.
- Supply planning for the whole business, working very closely with production sites to ensure sufficient supply, managing inventory to minimise waste (while still maximising sales, of course!) and working on process improvement projects (for example, on IT systems).
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with third parties, suppliers and relevant stakeholdersCreate the Supply Plan versus forecasted demands and maintain constant checks on stock levels.
- Plan and actively organize the logistics of inbound orders and delivery schedule to ensure all deliveries are made on time and in full delivery from all third party manufacturers.
- Deal with submissions of orders for both the UK and overseas based suppliers
- Contribute to the smooth running of all purchasing administration - e.g. Purchase Ordering
- Work within our inventory management system to ensure accurate records of finished goods deliveries.
- Be responsible for communicating changes in delivery plans to the wider business.
- Effective strategic planning - analysing and categorising different suppliers and developing appropriate sourcing strategies
- Work with our third party manufacturers to streamline the inbound supply chain process to ensure that each consignment arrives at the warehouse with appropriate and accurate documents.
- Implement sourcing strategies through supplier interaction
- Highlight and manage key suppliers for continuous improvement through detailed cost and value analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Care, Sales teams and our Demand Planner to forecast workforce requirements for third party partners in line with company promotional activity.
Key skills/experience required for the position of Buyer / Procurement Officer -
How will I be successful?
- Strong FMCG Supply Chain experience - across demand and supply planning, you will have a solid understanding of planning, and a desire to consistently drive improvements in results.
- Lily's Kitchen values will shine through in everything you do
- It's faster paced than a team of huskies here at Lily's Kitchen. You'll need to be comfortable with sitting on that fast moving sleigh.
- Excel (intermediate level)
- Planning and organisational skills to rival Monica Geller
- Well practiced at using your initiative, have a can-do attitude and will be peachy keen to learn and grow.
- Prior experience in procurement with third party manufacturing demonstrating fantastic negotiation and persuasion skills and great strategic sourcing knowledge.
- Experience working internationally with a natural ability to build and grow strong relationships
- Strong background with ERP and MRP systems
- CIPS qualified desirable and Degree educated or equivalent.
If you are interested in the position of Buyer / Procurement Officer within a fast-paced FMCG company based in London, please apply below.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.