Urgent Care Lead Physician
Urgent Care Lead Physician- Long Days- No Nights. £80-100k. Full Time 40 hour week- Permanent Contract.
London's private Urgent Care walk-in centre is based at The Princess Grace Hospital, located in the heart of Marylebone only a stones throw away from Harley Street and the West End.
Part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK, our well-established institution is proud of the exceptional quality of service.
Urgent care is provided for a variety of conditions, including acute medical conditions such as respiratory and chest complaints; traumatic injuries; ear, nose and throat conditions; fractures, sprains and strains; stomach, bowel and bladder problems; minor wounds, burns, or cuts and grazes and general aches and pains.
The centre is fully staffed by a dedicated team of doctors and nurses, led by a clinical director with an interest in Urgent Care. With access to on-site X-ray facilities and labs, offering a complete initial assessment and instant referrals to leading consultants.
Service hours: Daily, 8.00am-10.00pm, all year round.
For more information visit http://
The Emergency Physician role at Princess Grace Hospital will involve providing leadership to the unit which is a successful private sector Urgent Care Centre (UCC), in addition to managing, advising and treating conditions commonly found in the urgent care setting.
Consultant/Associate Specialist/Staff Grade/Specialty Doctors applications are all welcome.
Hours: Typically full time 40 hours, however part time applicants are welcome.
Weekend and evening work is required.
Competitive Salary is available, dependent upon experience plus a vast range of benefits
- Funded Study Leave and allowance
- Guaranteed annual salary review and appraisals - Revalidation
- Private Pension;
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
- Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
- Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
We also fund indemnity Insurance
We are supportive of training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as a PhD. We also extend this co operation with NHS facilities and Research Institutes for doctors who also wish to go out of programme to study for other qualifications such as management degrees and diplomas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Urgent Care Centre and manage a team of doctors, nurses and administrative staff
- Review policies and procedures and update these accordingly by appraising the best available evidence
- Attend required management meetings to ensure the objectives of the unit and hospital are being achieved and advise regarding strategic, compliance and operational direction
- Manage the doctor rota to ensure the unit is adequately staffed
- Provide appropriate treatment to patient and onward referrals to consultant colleagues within the hospital
- Ensure patient records and dates are maintained and updated accurately
Skills & Experience
- Primary Medical Degree
- Full registration with the UK GMC
- Membership/Fellowship of Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Significant post qualification experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT
About The Individual
Consultant/Associate Specialist/Staff Grade/Specialty Doctors applications welcome providing they can demonstrate specialist Urgent Care experience, influential leadership skills and decisive forward thinking.