Sales Manager - Subscriptions
Leading FTSE business with offices situated globally is looking to hire a talented sales manager to lead across their subscription arm of the business.
The Subscription Sales Manager will be tasked with maximising, growing and retaining their subscription revenues. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious sales person to join the a business with a market leading, premium subscription product that gives tax professionals in industry, government, private practice and research an unbeatable source of intelligence on key areas of tax.
The role will be a mix of new business as well as managing a significant book of key account renewal business. The successful candidate is expected to develop relationships with key individuals and senior stakeholders and the position requires careful management of a number of clients of significant value.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Develop and maintain existing relationships with all relevant decision makers within your client base
- Identify and maximise growth opportunities from your client base
- Generate new business from warm leads, event attendance and website usage
- Primarily work from leads that are provided by the Marketing Department, but also self-generated, both externally and internally by liaising with the Publisher, the Editorial team and the Advertising team on a regular basis.
- Attending industry events and visiting clients will also be expected from time to time.
- With excellent opportunities to progress within the team or wider business, this is an ideal role for someone looking to develop their sales career
Working from the London office, the ideal candidate will be expected to work efficiently both as an individual and within a team, exceeding targets based on cash and revenues. Confidence to deal with senior members of the international tax community both over the telephone and face to face is essential.
Good organisational and time management skills are critical, as well as the ability to identify the bigger deal. They will also be expected to work closely with the Publisher, Editor and Marketing team in order to help develop best practice and increase subscription sales.
- A minimum of 3 years proven media sales experience or ideally subscriptions sales experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills - over the phone, face-to-face and written
- Proactive - you’ll need to get your head around the industry quickly and not be shy about asking questions
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.