Sister/Charge Nurse Surgical
About The Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Adult Acute Surgical Team provides a full range of acute surgical services including neurosurgery (craniotomies, brain tumour debulking), upper and lower GI surgery (oesophagectomy, whipples, abdominal wall reconstructive surgery colostomy and ileostomy formation and reversal, hemicolectomy), complex ENT and maxillofacial surgery (tumour debulking and reconstruction including tracheostomy formation), gynaecology, breast reconstructive surgery (mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction) and liver surgery(hepatectomy). The patient mix consists of adults with a variable level of dependency and provides ITU and HDU step down care.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister to join the Adult Acute Surgical Team providing effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role is £39,174 - £45,419 per annum depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance
closing date for applications: 10th August 2017
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in Neuro, Breast or Gynae
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
About The Individual
You will be confident in their clinical knowledge and be keen to share this with others. As a strong team leader, you will be a role model with both excellent clinical behaviour and in patient approach, with the ability to facilitate change and motivate others to continuously improve their behaviours and knowledge. Finally, you will have a focus on customer service and exceptional patient care.