Trainee Adviser - Graduate Position
We are representing a highly successful, independent Wealth Manager based in Temple, London. Due to the recent acquisition of a substantial client bank and forever increasing referrals they are seeking a Consultant Graduate Trainee to join them.
Whilst they advise a diverse client bank of a range of financial subjects, they are one of the largest financial advisers to 'The Bar’ and manage the affairs of a number of legal charities.
Working within a team of 5 Administrators initally, responsibilities will include the submission of new business, preparation of client files prior to review, obtaining valuations and policy information, ensuring that client files are kept up to date and are compliant, general written and verbal correspondence and the tracking and completion of workflow.
The company is growing and therefore they will create a personal development plan for you that is reviewed annually to ensure that you are progressing.
A plan has been developed to take the successful candidate from the Administration department, into a consultancy role via the paraplanning department and is expected that you will progress to the paraplanning team within a two-year period.
Due to their professionalism and high standards, they are keen to find candidates that are keen to progress in the industry and therefore they are looking for someone who is keen to take exams to eventually become a chartered fellow within the industry. All course literature and exam costs are met and time off is given for study prior to the exam and on the day of the exam itself.
Discretionary bonuses are paid out annually and in line with company profits; personal development is linked to the bonus paid.
The company pay an attractive salary and attractive benefits including 23 days holiday which increases 1 day for each year of employment and shut down over Christmas. They also offer 5% pension contribution. Office hours are 9-5:30pm.
To be considered you will:
- Likely to have recently finished a degree perhaps in Financial Services, or if not have done a related subject. Gained a year’s experience in a true IFA outfit having conducted multi-disciplinary functions within an admin department.
- Your end goal is to progress to a consultancy role for which they have a clearly laid out track with timed goals and increasing remuneration
- All graduate trainees are expected to progress via their paraplanning department
- You should expect to move into paraplanning after two years
- You will be expected to study for the Diploma and be looking to go all the way to fellowship in future for which you will be fully supported.
- You must be very comfortable with IT
- You must show an interest in wider aspects such as current affairs, politics etc since you will be engaging at a high level with clients.
- You will be personable and confident in meetings
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Louise Sheppard at Recruit UK Ltd on 0117-9450-450