Supported Living Relief Team Leader
A rare opportunity has arisen for a relief scheme manager/team leader to work across 4 small housing schemes on a relief basis in North East London. - Woodford, Ilford, Buckhurst Hill.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with adults who are disabled or blind or both and have knowledge or a background in housing.
Your role will include:-
* Dealing with tenant's complaints
* Weekly rent collection
* Dealing with Direct Debit Paperwork
* Sharing rota duty with other Resident House Manager
* Responding to alarms using the inter-communication system
* Giving emergency help and general assistance in case of accident or illness until the help of local services and/or a relative can be obtained
* Keeping accessible records of essential services, relative's records, GP's numbers etc. for all tenants
* Providing a link between the tenants and a variety of other services, such as Local Authority, Health and Social Services and practical services (not removing the right of the tenant to make contact themselves if they so desire)
* Supporting Home Help and other Welfare services over the provision of extra services where appropriate and required
* Care of tenants who may be ill for short periods e.g. arranging meals on wheels (not nursing)
* Maintaining a Daily Log Book and case diary report in which all relevant incidents are recorded and passed on to colleagues
* To prepare a written Confidential Support Plan with each tenant soon after they move in and to review this plan at least annually or when the tenant's circumstances change.
* To update all computer records.
* To assess each tenant soon after they move in for any risks and where identified, to carry out a documented risk assessment and to take appropriate follow up action.
* To be particularly aware of potential issues of vulnerable adult abuse.
* To review risk assessments at least annually or when the tenant's circumstances change.
* To encourage and promote social activities and events within the scheme and to generally encourage tenant involvement.
* To encourage tenants to lead an active life outside the scheme, such as attending luncheon clubs and day centres.
* To record all paperwork and funds relating to these activities.
* To hold regular minuted tenant meetings in the scheme providing them with opportunities for participation in the running of the scheme and IDS generally
Benefits of the role:-
* Free car parking
* Pension scheme
* 28 days holiday including bank holidays
The company will be interviewing for this role as soon as possible, therefore do not delay applying, if this role is of interest to you.
The successful candidates' offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS.
Oakley Professional Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Consultancy.