Technical Trainer - Exciting Opportunity - High Tech FTSE 250
This is a rare and potentially career-defining role for a technical trainer based in a seminal, high technology FTSE 250 business in the heart of the City.
This lean, progressive company sits at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide. Working in a small team of product and systems based trainers, in close collaboration with e-learning specialists and under the steer of a charismatic Head of Training, you will develop and deliver training material to address the needs of a global channel and internal audience on an evolving product, systems and value-add services portfolio. Thus, commercial awareness and an eye for the role of training within a pre-sales, sales, support and customer service setting would be extremely helpful, as would an affinity for high technology and its life-changing potential.
It’s fair to say character is all. We really need to find someone who seeks excellence across the training spectrum - strategic and training needs analysis, accreditation schemes, effective evaluation and reporting - leading by example and thereby driving up standards.
The company provides a values-oriented, forward-thinking environment in which to work, thus you’ll see yourself as a top tier candidate for whom working proactively at the highest level comes naturally. Providing empathy, drive and a pioneering a level of service for customers will be paramount.
- Create, present and deliver channel training to different audiences such as Sales, Business Development, Engineering and Customer Services.
- Offer internal training to employees where learning needs are identified helping to design and develop training programmes, including evaluation and recommendations.
- Work creatively with the e-learning team to provide a blended training approach and complete end-to-end solution.
- Contribute to and update courses on Products, Systems (Business Support Systems), Manufacturer and Value-Added Services ensuring all materials are in line with the Training Academy brand.
- Excellent knowledge of IT networks and the applications required for both operations and network management.
- Exposure to and skills in IP Technologies and/or Telecoms.
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering training in areas such as networking technology configuration and troubleshooting, security applications, voice applications etc.
- Drive to solve problems and deliver results within timescales.
- Understand and implement the full training lifecycle.
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills - you will be keen to share your ideas.