Group Financial Planning & Performance Analyst
The Group Financial Planning, Forecasting, Performance and Risk Analyst will report directly to the Vice President Finance and will work closely with the Business Unit planning, forecasting and performance teams.
This is a highly varied, and newly created role, that will give the successful incumbent fantastic exposure to the business.
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified, with a background in practice and experience of working in an oil and gas environment. Strong IFRS and group consolidation experience as a basis is critical, this role is suitable for candidates looking to transition from more "technical accounting" roles in industry into a planning position.
Ideally a strong working knowledge of trading instruments (option, futures, swaps etc), trading strategies and markets and knowledge of IFRS32/39 and hedge accounting is strongly desirable but the CA background, and oil experience, is essential.
The role will involve supporting coordination and consolidation of the Group business plan, forecasts and performance reports.
For this purpose it includes Corporate, and the current portfolio of producing assets but would include future business units in due course.
- Support Group FP&A Manager to define input assumptions and objectives and leads process
- Support the business planning processes working closely with the Business Unit planning, forecasting and performance teams and Group finance teams
- Ownership of overall Planning and Forecasting Model, ensuring standardised across group as much as practical and ensuring any changes follow management of change process
- Consolidates and reviews the bottom up plans and assessments of risks and opportunities against the Group's objectives and risk appetite, and enables feedback to ExCom and Business Units
- Group consolidates and reviews the bottom up risks and opportunities against the Group's objectives and risk appetite to support CRO to define the PRUs
- Monitor activities throughout the annual business planning cycle and formally tracks impact of changes on key metrics
- Ensure bottom up process assesses key risks, uncertainties and opportunities and appropriately integrates into planning and forecasting cycle
- Works closely with the senior economist to ensure the group planning and forecasting tools reconciles to the group corporate and bank models
- Develop CFAR (Cash flow at risk models) with Head of FP&A
Forecasting and Performance
- Supports coordination and consolidation of Group monthly and quarterly forecasts including cash working closely with cash and banking, the Business Unit and Group finance teams
- Owns the process to provide monthly cash forecasting inputs to the UK bank model
- Ownership of Group Forecasting and Bank Models
- Ensures that the daily production report as appropriate forecast and budget phasing reflecting STPF Insight
- Supports establishment of consolidated short and long term operational and financial objectives for internal target setting (for incentive plans) and external guidance
- Provide analytical support for sensitivities to the base plan as required for ExCom, for quarterly strategy updates, IR (group guidance), banks and other key stakeholders
- Provide analytical support to the Group Planning function
- Support robust, holistic business performance reviews on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to recognise out performance and to identify and respond to opportunities and risks
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AS FINANCIAL / MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
This element of role would report to GFC based in London and has significant focus at half year and year end close.
- Assisting the Group External Reporting manager with preparation of the annual and half-yearly accounts
- Ad hoc M&A support/DD
- Acting as further support to GFC team as needed on
- Coordination and consolidation of management reporting on a monthly basis, including liaising with BU counterparts at the assets
- Analysis of results
- Financial reporting for Trading Entity
- Hedge accounting effectiveness testing and documentation
- Assisting the Group External Reporting manager with technical IFRS analysis