CTO - PS3455
A well-known and respected UK business that offers an automated SaaS platform for customer responses which has won a multitude of awards are looking for a tenacious
You should have a track record in growing a technology business across continued market expansion plus the development of new market verticals using the core technology.
We are looking for a CTO to create and deliver a technology strategy to achieve our client's growth plans. It will encompass software development, product management and IT.
Our client develops automated solutions for answering complex queries from the public, as the CTO you will be central to this technology.
They currently provide software to council parking departments with over 60 councils, including nearly half of London, use the software daily.
Our client has ambitious plans to expand the business into other sectors and to develop their products to be at the cutting edge of automated solutions. They are highly profitable and use this to fund their growth, funneling profits into development.
Role and Responsibilities:
• The CTO will be responsible for creating a technology strategy to achieve our client's growth plans, encompassing:
- Which languages, technologies, and tools to use
- Whether to use in-house or external development resources or a combination
- Best practice product development methods
- How to host/store applications and data
- Internal tools
• You will be responsible for delivering the strategy on time and on the budget, adjusting plans to respond to business requirements. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our core products continue to develop.
• You will provide technical thought leadership within the company; research and evaluate innovative industry practices, and ensure they are at the cutting edge.
Experience and Skills:
The successful CTO should encompass the following:
• Solid software development/architecture background
• Experience building teams and products from the ground up
• Track record in developing and delivering a technology strategy for a small business
• Experience managing remote teams
• Ability and desire to work at all levels - from setting strategy to rolling sleeves up
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Strong analytical skills - able to review and interpret data to improve our product and provide insights to our customers
• Great problem-solving skills, and ability to coach others in problem-solving
• Able to represent the company & present its vision to potential partners and clients