- Establish the credit worthiness of a client
- Develop the business Credit Policy
- Support Sales and wider business initiatives, to maximise business profitability
- Set clear collection targets which support the Business Plan
- Review and improve the business Credit and Collection strategy
- Develop and maintain management reporting
- Query management
- Making and managing decisions, within assigned authority
- Oversee the day to day running of the Credit and Sales ledger department
- Initiate process and quality reviews to simplify and improve the productivity and efficiencies of the department
- Mentor and develop Team Mangers/ Team members
- Identify and address performance management issues
- Is motivated to succeed, regularly meeting performance targets ensuring service is delivered in line with service level agreements. Has a belief in themselves and their ability to make a difference.
- Demonstrates persistence to overcome major obstacles, offering solutions and workarounds. Reports any issues that may impact on business and financial performance.
- Collaborates effectively with others. Is a valuable team member even when not directly contributing?
- Actively encourages morale-building activities. Find ways to celebrate and communicate team and individual success.
- Has a good awareness of own strengths/weaknesses relative to others.
- Gives timely feedback and provides constructive comments. Allows the team to have time to develop.
- Takes steps to influence how own behaviour is perceived by others.
- Demonstrates understanding of how different people interact, or are likely to interact. Listens carefully to what people say and checks understanding with them. Builds rapport quickly with colleagues contributing to a positive team spirit and shows appreciation for colleague's contributions.
- Ideally CICM qualified
If this is you? Please get in touch - I am expanding my remit and would be keen to have a chat please give me a call on or email me