Site Reliability Engineer- Python or Go
Key skills required include
Essential Skills & Experience
- Detailed understanding of software development or core infrastructure or reliability engineering / Monitoring tools / Infrastructure Automation etc.
- Technical knowledge of one or more of Linux systems admin, Networking, Storage and Databases
- "Anything that moves, graph it" approach and mad about monitoring; Integration and gluing things together
- Understanding how network and applications work over and under the hood
- Passion for open source technologies and culture
- Experiences with technologies such as Sensu, Nagios, TSDB, Grafana, PagerDuty, AppDynamics, Sumo Logic, Splunk. Concepts of RUM, Event Correlation etc
- Understanding of Infrastructure Automation ideally from an OpenStack environment
- Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external conferences
- Understanding of continuous pipeline delivery, Runbook automation, cloud infrastructure, config-as-code - such as Chef, Puppet, Rundeck, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Go and Ansible.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Ability to participate in on-call duty
This diverse role will include
- relentlessly driving down the MTTR
- building and maintaining the automation tooling
- production support consultancy proactive and reactive (keeping systems operational and performant)
- building and maintaining infrastructure automation and tooling, monitoring strategy, implementation
This is an outstanding chance to further your technical skills and career within a large scale technical environment for a world leading company.
Opus Resourcing is an employment agency in respect of permanent positions.