Leading provider of Managed Services is now seeking a Data Platform Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate will be a Data Engineer who is experienced with Python and database management, SQL / NoSQL etc
You will have an opportunity to work on a project with the latest technology stack and an great team., where you can have a major impact on how real-time monitoring, eventing, and logging data is processed, managed, and used by a next generation application delivery platform.
You will ideally have:
- Two + years as a Data Engineer with expertise in automating data processing, writing complex queries, and integrating large data sets into cloud-based applications
- Hands-on experience with time-series data
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL data architectures such as InfluxDB (preferred), Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Hands-on experience using a linux system (Debian/Ubuntu, Centos/RedHat etc.) and cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in writing custom scripts in Python (preferred), Java, R, or Spark to transform and pivot data
- Experience with equipment monitoring data is highly desirable
- Understanding of and experience working as part of CI/CD team in a containerized micro services environment is highly desirable
- Experience managing data infrastructure with strong emphasis on security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, CIS Benchmarks etc.
- Ability to assess and implement new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills