IT Service Desk Analyst - Exciting High Tech FTSE 250
This is an exciting and potentially career-defining role within a high technology FTSE 250 at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide. We are seeking an exceptional individual to provide friendly, proactive, first class IT support to internal customers, including those based on site, home workers, travellers and staff based in regional locations. There is never a dull day in this company whose staple is to define the frontline of technology.
You will require a very high level of customer service skill as you provide desk-side and remote diagnostic support, acting as the initial point of contact between the customer and other resources of the ICT division. Character is paramount - you must possess the maturity to understand the complex demands placed on those you are supporting, warmth, empathy and a solution-focused approach.
- Working within an elite global team of 12 people, support up to 2,000 users face to face, via e-mail and over the phone, logging issues using the Microsoft Service Manager system and escalating where appropriate to 2nd line for all core Business Systems.
- Account management using Active Directory, creating new users, resetting passwords, creating new e-mail accounts on the Exchange server and solving issues on PCs and laptops remotely using remote software.
- Setup and administer new and existing users’ network and e-mail accounts, remove users from LAN systems when they leave and administer access rights to network resources.
- Mapping network drives, creating network sharing, resolving issues involving network printers, MFDs while provide support for printing from every PC to share corporate networked printers and any other network related issues.
- Performing operations including defragmentation, virus scans, re-imaging PCs using MS System Center Configuration Manager, as well as resolving any general hardware or software issues such as installing of Antivirus with updating definitions on regular basis from the server.
- Provide advice on the best IT information available to staff who are dealing with computer problems or making IT decisions.
- Install, support and troubleshoot the Corporate IT standard desktop PC or laptop configuration and restore settings back to the original corporate standard.
- Assist in dealing with hardware repair and maintenance for desktop PCs, printers and laptops, plus carry out basic hardware upgrade and installation service. This includes, but is not limited to, installing extra memory, hard drive and operating upgrades and installations.
- Graduate with recognised qualifications in Computer Studies or successful progress towards Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer qualification
- ITIL understanding
- At least two years' proven work experience of providing desktop and laptop support using MS operating systems typically XP and Windows 7
- Ability to provide excellent customer service over the phone, via e-mail and face to face
- Understanding of Information Technology, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and Outlook 2013 with the ability to install and configure standard software applications
- Understand remote access to systems using Citrix and VPN technology
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (principally in a Cisco environment)
- General knowledge of and natural curiosity about the telecoms industry