Management Accountant - Real Estate - London
Management Accountant - Real Estate - London - Our Client are an expanding and ambitious specialist Property Fund / Asset Manager who have capital to invest. They have progressively grown their funds under management and JV partnerships and have instructed us solely to help them recruit an additional Management Accountant to manage the financial accounting and reporting for a designated portfolio of assets.
THE ROLE - The core responsibility of the role is the financial accounting for each asset, including:
- Supervising the accounts payable process, liaising with suppliers, asset managers, and property managers.
- Liaison with asset managers and managing agents to resolve billing and payment queries.
- Maintenance of all financial transactions on Sage 50, and liaising with managing agents regarding client statements.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts, including journal preparation and variance analysis.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Credit control, arrears reports and reconciliations.
- Monitoring of car park portfolio performance
- Bank reporting and compliance
- Assist auditors and tax advisers with annual financial statements and tax returns as required.
The Person: To apply, You MUST have previous accounting experience in a property / real estate company and ideally be recently qualified or studying ACCA / CIMA. It would be beneficial if you are familiar with Excel (pivots, V Look-ups) and a general ledger system. As an individual, you need to be confident in your own abilities, both numerically and with Excel. You should be a critical thinker, who is able to work under pressure and thrive in a busy environment with strong communication and presentation skills as the incumbent will need to attend meetings with third party advisors. Understanding of double entry book keeping is a must as is prior practical experience of management accounts production. There is lots of potential career scope as the business is acquisitive and expanding.
www.tridentint.com Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.