Legal Executive / Secretary - Commercial & Residential Property
Well-established London law firm is seeking a highly experienced Legal Executive / Legal Secretary to support a busy Property Partner.
The role will include assistance with both commercial and residential conveyancing, including in-depth involvement in the transactional process. You'll be supporting the sale, purchase and mortgaging for a variety of high value properties, including new builds, developments and existing premises.
Your role will include:
- helping to run cases from start to end (under supervision)
- preparing draft contracts, title documents for sale packs, Statements of Completion and Accounts
- preparing and submitting SDLT forms, dealing with completion and registration at the Land Registry
- dealing with Notices of Transfer/Charge and preparing Deeds of Covenant
- undertaking all other searches and submitting all other forms via Land Registry and Companies House
- opening and closing files, preparing bills, dictation typing, and drafting any other deeds, documents and correspondence as required
To be considered for this role, you'll have excellent knowledge and extensive experience in real estate and property, and experience with both secretarial and legal executive/paralegal duties.
This is a non fee-earning role, however a full or part ILEX qualification would be advantageous.
You'll have strong IT skills, with a typing speed of 70wpm+. You'll also have the ability to manage a busy caseload (under supervision from the partner), using your own initiative, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly as short-listing will begin immediately.
Verity Appointments prides itself on providing an excellent service to candidates and clients, however competition will be high for this role, and we may not be able to contact everyone individually. If you have not been contacted within five working days you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion, but we hope that you will apply for any other positions that interest you in the future.