Graduate Configuration Analyst
Fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Configuration Analyst to join a leading specialist commercial insurance provider for clients within the Lloyd’s and company markets. Our client offers a highly specialised and comprehensive portfolio of innovative and market leading products and services, providing a superior suite of insurance solutions. They are a global organisation, well-established and highly regarded so you would be working with some of the best talent out there.
With a significant presence within the London Insurance Market our client offers an exciting opportunity for a graduate to work within an organisation of high stature and admirable reputation. This client will provide all the support needed to ensure strong development of your skills without operating a micromanagement culture. Their environment is professional and hard-working but friendly and approachable.
This is an opportunity that could present career growth and excellent self-development.
Type of Graduate Configuration Analyst we are looking for
We are looking for personable, self-starters who can hit the ground running and are keen to develop within a well-established team. You must either be a recent graduate in a technical field, such as: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematical background or similar discipline, or have 6-12 months’ experience in an Analyst or Developer type role.
Other key qualities you must possess are: excellent logical and mathematical skills combined with the ability and determination to learn and develop within an IT technical environment.
The Graduate Configuration Analyst will be responsible for user interface configuration of a software application. You will work closely with project and development teams both internal and external to incorporate system enhancements into production. Full training on the product will be given.
The role offers potential career progression options in the future and could see you extend into either the Business Analysis or Software Development teams.
This really is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic organisation. Insurance is a friendly environment where 'everyone knows everyone’, people are very helpful and it’s a brilliant, vibrant sector to be part of.
Key responsibilities of the Graduate Configuration Analyst
Perform a combination of the following duties according to departmental guidelines:
- Design and configuration duties
- Working with the Business, Development and Project Teams to translate requirements into technical product requirements
- To guide and advise stakeholders and to create supporting documentation.
- Transfer application knowledge to the IT Help Desk to improve 1st Level support
- Ensure that project and business application support documentation is developed and maintained
- Deliver small projects/changes into production following department project methodology
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Skills/attributes of the Graduate Configuration Analyst
- Must be customer focused and able to work to agreed standards and Service Level Agreements
- Ability to work independently with users to define requirements or under direction of Project Managers. Capable of prioritising and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical application and operational requirements
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and effectively while obtaining consensus to solutions
- A logical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving
- Able to foster working relationships within the team and client departments
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative and communication skills. Ability to interact effectively at all levels with clients, consultants, vendors, peers, and IT management and staff
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
- Graduate from a technical field such as: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematical background or similar discipline, or have 6-12 months’ experience in an Analyst or Development role
Please apply, to find out more information on this opportunity.