Tax Manager (CTA Qualified)
CTA Qualified Tax Manager to Assist Tax Partner - 50k:
Due to company growth, my client is currently looking for CTA Qualified Manager to join their Top 50 Accountancy firm, to provide high level support to one of our tax Partners and his portfolio. The successful candidate can expect to work on an interesting array of clients, predominantly with HNWIs and OMBs.
This is an extremely varied role, requiring an individual who is prepared to assist in all areas of the portfolio’s requirements. With a solid tax bias, this role will also include elements of accounts work and ad hoc consultancy/project work.
This opportunity will ideally appeal to an ambitious CTA tax professional (with a solid understanding of accounting) who is looking to really getting to grips with a diverse and interesting portfolio. Above all, we are looking for candidates who have the right attitude to learn about our clients, push themselves forwards, apply themselves to every aspect of the portfolio and build long lasting client relationships; providing a personal yet professional service to clients.
- Assuming day to day responsibility for the portfolio management, building strong and successful client relationships; providing expert, timely and comprehensive advice both face to face, via phone and email.
- Working successfully with other Managers and Partners across the firm to ensure that all statutory deadlines and requirements are met. This includes liaising and overseeing / reviewing the provision of accounts work from the Accounting Services team.
- Meeting and updating the relevant Manager(s) and Partner on a regular basis - highlighting areas of success or concern as appropriate.
- Overseeing the scheduling and workflows on each of the jobs - ensuring all deadlines and targets are met.
- Highlighting any delivery issues and suggesting approach to rectify. Managing and reviewing accounts preparation (as when necessary), using resources available - including the Accounting Services team and outsourced services.
- Regularly updating the Partner to discuss workload, client issues or concerns and managing their input as appropriate.
- Providing proactive and innovative solutions to clients, whilst attending new business meetings and assisting with new client proposals.
- Managing WIP, billing and recoverability.
- Supervising / overseeing / reviewing work conducted by Accounting Services and Tax Teams
Skills & Qualities
- Impeccable communication skills - both written and verbal - with the ability to provide a professional yet personal service and communicating technical information to clients in a simple, clear and effective manner.
- Ability to be able to demonstrate strong technical and commercial awareness.
- Excellent work ethic and desire to provide a superior client service.
- Desire to appreciate the bigger picture of the client’s affairs, including the ability to show initiative and find solutions to problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work outside of defined parameters.
- Excellent workload management skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to meet deadlines within defined budgets.
- Confident, ambitious and with the ability to cope in a fast paced environment, delivering work to agreed timescales.
Experience & Knowledge
- CTA qualified (ACCA/ACA desirable but not essential).
- Experience in reviewing the work of others - providing feedback and support where necessary.
- Technical all-rounder with a strong desire to increase and expand knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working to budgets and managing projects accordingly.