Accounts Payable Assistant
Woods Foodservice Limited is a successful family owned fine food distributor to the quality sector of the catering industry. We provide high quality ambient, fine food ingredients and dairy products from around the world and are renowned as a market leader. Our clients are based mostly in Central London and include the likes of Heston Blumenthal, Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing and Tom Aikens.
Our reputation and sustained growth is a direct result of our high service levels. This in turn has helped us to double revenues in the last 4 years.
Our growth strategy is well founded and we now require an Accounts Payable Assistant to assist the Finance Manager in the day to day tasks of the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Assistant include and are not limited to:
- Managing the purchase ledger
- Identifying discrepancies between purchase orders & supplier invoices
- Liaising closely with the stock replenishment staff to keep our accounting software updated with payables
- Communicating with suppliers on discrepancies & contacting them for relevant credits
- Expense posting & managing the direct debits of the business
- Supplier statement reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Foreign currency transactions & exchange rate management
- Prioritising and preparing daily payment runs
- Filling new supplier account forms
- Provide administrative support to the finance department
The successful candidate will need to possess the following key skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & experience with other financial system software
- Experience with using Sanderson ERP would be beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with multi-currency transactions
- Ability to work unsupervised
- AAT qualified would be beneficial
- Ambitious & commercially minded
- Driven, self-motivated and possessing initiative.
Career development opportunities are excellent. Company benefits include up to 28 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), a pension scheme, Ride to Work scheme.
Monthly Performance Bonus
Hours of work: 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
To apply for this position applicants must attach an up to date CV and supply a contact number.