Revenue Accountant Supervisor
Revenue Accountant Supervisor
£35,000 pro rata
FTC Initially for six months
Saffron Court, EC1N
Working for the United Kingdom's largest and longest-standing private car park operator, with over 150,000 spaces across more than 500 car parks in towns, cities, airports and London Underground and National Rail stations.
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, your will be responsible for the Revenue Accounting processes and reporting, in particular reporting on the area of Car Parking Season Ticket from customer booking to invoicing, cash collection and full cycle accounting. You will also manage and lead a team of assistant accountants.
- To ensure that financial knowledge of the Car Parking Season Ticket system and related procedures is implemented on a monthly basis.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting on select sales measures for the Head of Sales
- Fully responsible for the creation, delivery and presentation of annual season ticket forecast and budget.
- Manage and lead a team of 3 people: two assistant revenue accountants and one revenue accountant
- Manage the relationships with Airports, Rail and Off Street business areas to ensure accurate accounting for Season Ticket business.
- Be the primary point of contact that represents Finance in the Season Ticket team.
- Be the backup person responsible for Pre-Book accounting.
- Account for and reconcile transferred payments from the Revenue Reconciliations department.
- Assist the Season Ticket owner of the business and Head of Sales with Ad-Hoc requests for information and reporting.
- Liaise with IT, Auditors, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable to resolve issues and concerns.
- Create, calculate, verify and invoice Third Party Affiliate transactions and commissions in a timely manner.
- Complete daily uploads/downloads of information for the Season Ticket accounting systems.
- Complete Daily, Weekly and Monthly accounting processes including Balance Sheet and P&L related transactions.
- Complete/ develop Dashboard's for internal and external users of Season Ticket information.
- Complete Equity Reports
- Liaise with AP/AR to ensure timely invoicing and collection of Aged Debt from creditors.
- Maintain overall financial control of the Season Ticket system through period (and potentially more frequent) reconciliation, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive and ongoing understanding of the commercial arrangements with clients, consolidators, travel agents and other parties.
- Have a flexible approach towards working additional hours during month end to meet strict deadlines
The ideal candidate is a Part-Qualified Accountant ACCA / CIMA (at least 50% completed) with a good understanding of double entry book-keeping, financial procedures and financial control disciplines, probably evidenced, if not by a formal qualification, then by significant experience in financial accounting, or possibly in systems audit or similar.
- Experience working with internal and third party software systems to download and verify information for accounting purposes.
- Experience in or around high volume transaction systems that have direct operational function, and which are not Finance systems first and foremost, would be ideal (e.g. travel agent booking, telecoms billing, multi-site companies, etc.). Be highly systems literate.
- Have the ability to manipulate large amounts of data confidently and in a controlled manner, using 'advanced' Excel skills (and/or Access).
- People/team management experience
- Experience with TM1 Cognos (OLAP) and Oracle (or similar systems)
- Experience that demonstrates process management / improvement skills and successes, and a strong process and control focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.