Data & Forecast Analyst
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity to join their business as a Commercial Finance Analyst for their Finance team.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide commercial analysis and insight of sales and stock data in a complex multi- channel business and to use this to drive and monitor action plans across the business.
- Analysis and reporting on the risks and opportunities to deliver the monthly revenue budget for all order types in Wholesale and Corporate channels in the form of a balanced projection report. The same for the quarter, half and full year and individual splits by channel (European and US distributors, UK and European divisions)
- Cumulative reporting and analysis of the seasonal forward order book vs target, budget and last year.
- Reporting upon status of forward order deliverables based upon on stock dates with sufficient detail to enable remedial actions to preserve OTIF performance target.
- Constructing sales history based forecasts for Wholesale and Corporate channels to facilitate seasonal buy and stock holding to optimize sales opportunities
- Own and manage weekly reporting on all current in stock and available to sell product for immediate sales, provide the business with inventory analysis and stock position in order to maximise all at once opportunities.
- Responsible for weekly tracking of all forward sales orders against inbound and current on hand stock availability. Provide analysis to Merchandising and Sales in order to track our KPI's for on time in full (OTIF) delivery.
- Own and manage weekly reporting of current and future season discontinued product lines. Work with Merchandising and Sales Teams in order to advise and highlight the liquidation planning of all targeted discontinued stock.
- Maintain projections reporting, monitoring key areas that are affecting progress to targets.
- Liaise with Sales and Finance on forecasts to build into projections reporting.
- Monitor stock availability for wholesale and corporate and completeness of customer deliveries, monitoring shortfalls and drops.
You may be requested to carry out supplementary duties or other duties not defined in this Job Description at various times as requested by the Company in order to ensure the smooth running of the department, or during periods of sickness, holidays or high volume of work. You may also on some occasions be requested to provide service outside your normal working hours, but these requests will not be unreasonable.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Advanced ability to work with Microsoft Excel and deal with large and sometimes inconsistent data sets
- Previous experience of analysing and interpreting various data sets to enable optimum business making decisions, providing a true reflection of the forecast and a realistic assessment of risk.
- Previous experience of reporting, presenting and bringing commercial insight on business performance to trading meetings.
- Experience of supporting the diverse needs of multiple internal stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to identify and communicate overall issues that need resolving to achieve the results.
- Excellent attention to detail and tenacity to follow up on actions on a regular basis across the teams as needed.
- Able to take a balanced and pragmatic view of all the factors and not be unduly influenced by any one key part of the picture.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (30 minute lunch hour each day), 24 days holiday, Life Assurance (Death in Service) x2 annual salary and Nest Pension.
Salary of £35,000 per annum.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.