Site Manager / Construction
A modern commercial construction company are looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team.
Their projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build construction ranging from specialist, temperature controlled food and beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As Contracts Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
Your role will require you to oversee day to day control of one of our construction projects. You will need to be prepared to work nationwide to meet our business requirements.
As a Site Manager your duties will include:
- Managing all the day-to-day environmental, health and safety requirements
- Monitoring the progress of the build, reporting to the Contracts Manager where appropriate
- Overseeing delivery of materials and plant
- Managing and maintaining short term project plans
- Liaison with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners where appropriate
- Where appropriate, be the first point of contact for the client
- Be the first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
The ideal Site Manager will have these skills and experience:
- A related construction degree or an accrued experience of construction site management
- A sound understanding of health and safety with the ability to manage and report any site based issues
- High level communicator with excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Project
- Strong personality to raise concerns correctly and work under pressure towards agreed deadlines
- An organised approach that understands the sequential order and deadlines of a large commercial construction project
- CSCS card, First Aid Certificate, SMSTS.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of between £45,000and £55,000 dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.