My client based in Kings lynn is looking for a Contract Manager to join our team
Their projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature controlled food and beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs.
Your role would provide an overall management control to construction projects. Overseeing projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget. As our contracts manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses and office developments or food factory's.
At all times, you will be the first point of contact for members of the public, clients, site managers and sub-contractors for as long as the contract lasts and beyond to the end of the defects liability period..
As a Contract Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and agreeing a contract brief
- Managing all site direct labour requirements by liaising with all Contract Managers to ensure that the right skills are at the right place.
- Working with HR to ensure that all recruitment needs are met.
- Managing the development and content of a procurement programme.
- Managing the planning of work methods, resources and systems to meet contract requirements by:
- Managing the selection and formation of contract teams and the operation and maintenance of organisation and communication systems.
- Ensuring weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out, and look ahead programmes are in place.
- Control contract costs, quality standards, processes and claims.
- Maintain compliance of a contract with legal and statutory requirements.
- Oversee claims for reimbursement for loss and expense.
- Managing health, safety, welfare and risk control systems by:
- Implementation and maintenance of contact health, safety and welfare systems.
- Manage the identification of hazards in the workplace.
- Manage the assessment and control of risks in the workplace.
- Managing customer care requirements and contribute to a marketing strategy and corporate image by identifying, assessing and agreeing customer requirements and preferences.
- Contribute to establishing a marketing strategy and corporate image.
- Continuously develop your own knowledge and skills.
- Develop teams and individuals to improve performance.
- Develop effective working relationships by:
- Enhancing the trust and support of colleagues
- Building and maintaining relationships with both the client and external customers
- Chairing and leading meetings with the customer and report on progress.
- Supporting team members who have problems affecting their performance.
- Implement disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Adherence to all deadlines set and Business Unit objectives.
The ideal Contract Manager will have these skills and experience:
MCIOB, or equivalent
Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent)
The need to understand all aspects of the contracting process, and technical building requirements
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
To be able to use your own initiative and make your own decisions.
Strong Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.