Senior Technical Accountant
Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Senior Technical Accountant based in Ipswich. As the Senior Accountant you will be a key point of contact for both local statutory reporting, Group reporting and regulatory reporting.
- In conjunction with the Manager, for new or emerging technical accounting issues, investigate accounting treatment liaising and gaining sign off.
- Provide technical advice and training as requested to support the other Finance, Risk and Strategy teams and projects, and other business areas.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial accounts of each UK entity in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Ensure accounts are audited as required and completed, signed and submitted to the Registrar of Companies by the applicable deadlines and signed accounts submitted to HMRC using iXbrl to support annual corporation tax returns
- In conjunction with the Manager, maintain a repository of standard notes and disclosures for each reporting basis (FRS 101 and 102 and IFRS) to ensure all accounts are prepared on a consistent basis.
- Oversee the implementation of a new software package to facilitate standardisation of statutory accounts and production in a more efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree and/or a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA). You will also have at least 2 years of work experience preferably in a large multi-national, financial services or Big 4 firm. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure with senior stakeholders within the business as well as the wider finance function.