Product Support Technician
Product Support Technician - permanent
Your new company
You will be working for the leading provider of specialist services to the marine, oil and gas, and other high assurance industries worldwide. They are a fast-expanding company who strive on delivering excellence and continual innovation. They are a trusted partner of major corporations, government agencies and other valued customers around the world.
Your new role
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Customer and distributor support for the entire Prolec product range
- Report and take ownership of customer issues and see them through to resolution.
- Use standard procedures for proper escalation of issues.
- Ensure proper documentation and closure of any issue owned.
- Production of documentation including product manuals.
- Update the knowledge database where appropriate
- Customer training.
- Distributor User, installation and calibration training.
- Developing and maintaining training programs.
- Internal support and assistance.
- Production of prototype equipment and any specialist equipment where necessary to assist in the support and development roles.
- Work unsupervised.
- Working offsite which will require extensive travel in the UK and abroad.
- Co-operating with other members of staff, where appropriate, to ensure a smooth workflow and fostering a co-operative attitude in others.
- Adhere to the companies health and safety policy
- Assisting in ensuring that all equipment and tools are properly used.
- Responsible for demonstrating a cost conscious attitude towards the use of Company property, including tools, consumables and capital items, and fostering this attitude in other staff.
- Assisting in ensuring a clean and tidy workplace at all times.
- Acting at all times in the best interest of the Company. In particular, by not divulging information concerning the activities, products, designs or processes of the Company or its Customers to any third party, or giving assistance in any way to its competitors.
This role will include a large amount of travel, mostly national yet some international.
What you'll need to succeed
BTEC ONC Electronics / Engineering
Preferably with a minimum of 2 years as Test Technician within an electronic test environment
Good customer service skills
What you'll get in return
You will receive full training as well as a competitive salary, 23 days holiday, overtime rates, and additional pension benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.