IT PMO Lead
Purpose of the Role:
Manage and lead all the IT Change team activities. Deliver a portfolio of complex projects via a team of project managers, supported by a PMO and small change delivery function.
- Create a collaborative environment, leading and driving the IT Change Portfolio team to deliver business critical objectives within budget, time and quality requirements.
- Support the ongoing evolution of the operating model for project delivery and project governance framework and shape and influence how projects are delivered in the business. Build up a set of common standards, practices, principles and templates for IT Project Managers to follow when delivering projects, and for resource managers to follow when managing and providing resources to IT projects. Practices should be in line with other parts of Towergate (e.g. Business Change)
- Implement the common standards, practices, etc. and ensure that they are adhered too by conducting regular assessment of the management products which IT project managers (and projects) produce, including facilitating regular audits and applying identified audit controls
- Track the status and progress of all projects managed by the IT project managers and produce management information for Head of Business Management and all key stakeholders
- Establish a project management centre of excellence which provides support and coaching to IT project managers to equip them with knowledge and understanding of Towergate and how projects should be run within the organisation
- Manage the Project and Portfolio Management System to ensure that; project requests are captured, all proposed projects and resources requirements are identified, all project & BAU activity is recorded (including time management) project resource demand is established and sub-optimal resource allocation is identified for management attention, produce a resource forecast for IT resources available to the portfolio.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Build and lead a high performing team. Create a positive team environment, fostering a culture of collaboration, and enabling the successful delivery of projects through the work of the team.
- Line Management of IT Change resources, including roles and responsibilities, skills/competency assessment, training and mentoring, objective setting and reviews
- Work with Project Managers and the IT Operations function to ensure a smooth transition of all projects to supported live running
- Effectively resolve issues and remove barriers to success. Know when to intervene, and be willing to be hands on with work when necessary.
- Ensure proper planning and resource is in place in order for goals to be achieved, effectively balancing the need to take a strategic view with the requirement to drive results in the short and medium term.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, building rapport and credibility with key internal people and strategic suppliers.
- Own and perform governance and QA on IT projects, project processes and project management products
- Maintain IT project portfolio overview - pipeline and approved projects, budgets, benefit targets, progress and delivery timeline and provide clear management reporting & MI across the entire IT Change portfolio
- Support the Head of IT Strategy and Change
- Manage IT project budgeting, financial control & review services (with Head of IT Strategy and Change, supported by Portfolio Accountant)
The following must be clearly demonstrated on your CV
- Experience of leading and managing a team in a structured project management framework.
- Experience of supporting a portfolio of projects and dealing with prioritisation and dependency management
- Proven experience of leading in change portfolio environment and applying problem solving/analytical skills
- Project management skills with experience of delivering projects in waterfall and agile environments
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with an ability to manage large volumes of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in regards to stakeholders
- A track record of successfully delivering business critical projects or programmes, and a relevant project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE2, etc) or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing the full project lifecycle.
- Experience in managing the people and cultural aspects associated with major business transformation projects
- A Financial Services background with a knowledge of specialist insurance broking and underwriting is highly desirable
- Background in IT;infrastructure, software development, software deployment, vendor selection, etc.
- Good understanding of financial reporting/cost analysis and controls
- Resource management experience in a matrix setting
Please apply online - No agencies