Mitchells & Butlers is one of the U.K’s largest pub, bar and restaurant chains, and with household brand names such as Harvester, Miller & Carter and All Bar One, it’s no wonder we are also at the forefront of technical innovation, with some extremely exciting projects already underway and on the horizon.
We are expanding our Project Management team and are seeking a strong, exceptional, and experienced Project Manager to concurrently manage a variety of Business Change & Technology projects to deliver within time and cost measures, and to a world class quality. We are looking for a Project Manager that, as well as delivering, will be an integral part of our Portfolio Centre of Excellence and will bring a vast range of experience and ideas to contribute towards our continuous improvement as delivery professionals.
Reporting to the Change Portfolio Manager, the Project Manager’s overarching responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that, using the M&B project management methodology, the agreed level of project governance is adhered to
- Working with an adaptable approach that meets the requirements of smaller projects i.e. an ability to work in the Business Analyst space and liaise directly between stakeholders and the technical teams to ensure that business requests are translated into a format that allows them to configure a solution from idea to business as usual
- Assisting in assessing the business benefit, support prioritisation and cost the requirements as part of the assessment of all new initiatives
- Leading the implementation of projects in BC&T - delivering at all stages of a typical project lifecycle
- Supporting project handover to business as usual support teams as required
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 5 years’ (min) experience as an IT Project Manager
- Prince 2 qualification - or equivalent experience
- Agile Methodology qualification - or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in delivering concurrent technology projects of varying size and complexity
- Proven ability to work in complex organisations with very strong senior stakeholder management skills
- Effective facilitator and influencer with the ability to simplify complex challenges to stakeholders
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal and at all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to manage multiple suppliers to deliver to agreed timescales and quality
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrable clarity of thinking
- Ability to lead a virtual project team
- Tenacity, drive, initiative, creativity and a "can do" attitude to cope with fast paced environments and multiple demands
- An understanding and genuine interest for current technologies
- Working awareness of ITIL v3
- Any experience of Digital Marketing delivery would be advantageous but is not essential
What we offer: 33% employee discount in all our pubs & restaurants, flexible working, company bonus scheme, pension scheme, share scheme, healthcare scheme, 'pickaperk’ employee discounts from 100’s of retailers, childcare vouchers, 26 days holiday per year.