£28,000 - £32,000
- The role is primarily to support the European VAT Manager to ensure that all the companies Inc VAT obligations are met and adhered to.
- The role will require VAT support to the business, including but not limited to sales, procurement and VAT Accountants. It will require the individual to provide basic VAT related advice and support to finance operations and sales teams for each European country (mainly Germany, Italy, France and UK); advise on VAT implications of new business activities such as new customer or supplier programs
- Assist in the preparation of source documentation in order to assist the VAT accountant in the compilation of timely and accurate UK and European VAT returns from source data for the company Inc. (A Methodical approach to large volumes of transactions analysis will be required).
- Prepare, identify, and create all chain supply transactions generated within the system, ensuring that the invoicing to the customer is managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the adjustments derived from the VAT returns reconciliations with the GL in working collaboration with the country accounting teams by liaising with the relevant teams to obtain accurate data and documentation and ensure all adjustments are completed.
- The ability to manage in house system projects both from a sales invoicing and basic VAT technical perspective.
- Ensure full compliance with all VAT regulations for invoicing is maintained at all times.
- Ability to support and advise the business in basic business transactions and sales support from a VAT prospective.
- Ensure internal processes are VAT compliant, drive improvements in the efficiency of internal VAT-related processes.
- Flexible management of workload to facilitate to assistance on ad hoc issues.
- Acquire working knowledge of bespoke CARDEX system and its impact on the VAT reporting and accounting on day to day business.
Indirect Tax Advisory (VAT)
- Provide complete, accurate and timely VAT advice to colleagues in the business to ensure VAT effective operation - referring to European VAT Manager where necessary.
- Carry out ad hoc projects to review selected business activities and processes to manage VAT risks. Prepare report of findings for VAT Management review and retention in case of future query
- Minimum 5 years' finance experience or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work and life experience.
- Ideally Part qualified in AAT or ATT
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.