Director of Business Development, Wild Dog Design
Salary Package £45-60K + Bonus
Founded in 1996, Wild Dog Design are an award-winning, Brighton-based digital design agency with a deep understanding of technology, a passion for beautiful design and the experience to combine the two. Our client list includes Public Health England, Southern Water, City of London School, Rampion, Colorcon (USA Pharma), Discover the World and a number of specialist, high-end travel operators.
From initial design concepts through to the most advanced, integrated digital projects our team of creative, smart, tech-savvy, fun professionals regularly move heaven and earth to help their clients realise their business objectives.
The Role of Director of Business Development
We’re now looking to recruit an outstanding Director of Business Development. As the development of integrated CMSs, CRM tools and apps become more advanced, we’re looking forward to working with an individual who can not only interpret a technical brief, but offer added value in order to close the deal and lead a potential client to an even better, more considered technical solution.
Key responsibilities are:
- Initiating and building long-term client relationships
- Winning profitable new business
- Working collaboratively with the MD and the senior management team
- Account managing new business won - managing projects and nurturing clients
- Raising the profile of Wild Dog Design via networking, speaking at conferences and attending exhibitions
The Ideal Candidate for the Director of Business Development Role
You’ll be an experienced agency new business person with prior success in new business generation for a digital design agency. Supported by a great team of creatives and developers, you’ll already live in that business technical development space where you can interpret a potential client’s data engineering needs with real vision and flair. You’ll be able translate these technical requirements into a compelling, effective solution knowing that you have a team behind you to deliver and realise the project objectives and more.
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of digital - understands how a digital project evolves and what everyone’s role is
- Proven ability to strategically win new clients
- Able to generate new business and growth in new untapped areas via incoming leads, networking, qualified leads, event attendance, conference speaking and recommendations
- Experience of account managing/project managing, nurturing multi-skilled creative/tech projects
- A belief in and passion for technology and design
- Hard-working, motivated, genuinely wants to deliver a project for clients that is beautifully-crafted and considered
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills - able to write and articulate a brief back to a client
- Able to truly listen
- Able to regularly report back to the senior management team on the evolving new business development strategy
- Full UK driving licence and valid passport and happy to travel occasionally to international conferences
Personality Profile for the Director of Business Development
- Honesty and integrity
- Relaxed, patient, calm
- Cares for the success of clients
- Comfortable in a small team
- Not too proud (we all make tea!)
- Driven to take initiative
- Loves learning from others and helping others learn
- Wants to over deliver for clients and the agency
- Interested in colleagues’ roles
- Has interests outside work
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, ambitious and growing digital design agency team in a central Brighton location.