Senior Systems Administrator
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
About Capita | Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are a leading IT services company that provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed IT services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
We work in partnership with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their organisation and then create a technology strategy to support transformation, drive operational efficiency and reduce costs. Making IT work better for customers is our ultimate goal.
As a Senior System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive end user support service that requires an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of IT technologies, particularly Windows server, AD and Backup technologies. This role adds value by implementing, to common standards, systems and hardware that are consistently stable, reliable and which deliver business benefits to our customers.
The successful candidate will be required to work across technologies common to multiple Tier 1 Managed Service Clients. We have a strong pipeline of work over the next 18 months in particular - you will gain exposure to large scale O365 implementations and SAN refreshes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Remote management and support of customer environments, responding to reported incidents (both proactive and reactive) and driving resolution to meet agreed SLA's
- Escalation of technical issues with 3rd parties/vendors via agreed support mechanisms and progressing to resolution.
- Identification and escalation of (potential) service issues with designated service delivery/client management
- Assistance to internal/external customers to define detailed service requirements and translate them in to workable solutions
- Ensuring that services are appropriately documented
- Work as part of a technical team providing support and guidance where appropriate. Provide mentoring for members of team
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Identify areas of continuous improvement, providing suggestions for their introduction
- Participation in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support
Working experience and understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows server operating systems up to and including Server 2008 / Server 2012 R2 2016
- Experience of enterprise backup solutions, particularly NetBackup and Commvault including design, troubleshooting, disaster recovery and administration in an enterprise environment,
- Virtualisation technologies, in particular VMWare ESX up to 6.5
- Be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
Desired knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Windows domain infrastructure design, components, structures and principles.
- Administration and support of shared storage technologies.
- Administrator experience of Citrix XenApp.
- Support and administration of Symantec Enterprise Vault
- SQL Server
- Perform OS upgrades, patching, firmware updates, and software installs.
- VMware VCP.
- Microsoft MCSE/MCITP certifications.
- O365 \ Azure \ SCCM
- Able to establish credibility with customers
- Ability to adapt, quick to learn
- Can act with limited supervision within own area of responsibility
- Ability to analyse technical problems and deliver solutions
- Awareness of ITIL principles
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.