Contracts Manager, Construction, Permanent
A modern commercial construction company are looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team.
Their projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build construction ranging from specialist, temperature controlled food and beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As Contracts Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
Your role would provide overall management control of construction projects which would include responsibilities such as managing site managers, agreeing initial contract briefs, labour requirements, procurement and planning, controlling cost and developing working relationships with all stakeholders.
As a Contracts Manager your duties will include;
- Preparing and presenting a contract brief, revising where necessary.
- Liaising with HR to ensure all recruitment needs are met.
- Control contract costs ensuring quality and compliance.
- Manage the site managers on each construction site to ensure the projects are running efficiently and on target to agreed deadlines.
- Agree customer requirements and manage their expectations through confident communication.
- Manage the planning of work activities and resources to meet contract requirements.
- Travelling to the company’s construction projects around the UK liaise with the site manager and track each project's status.
The Ideal Contracts Manager will have these skills and experience;
- A related construction degree or an accrued experience of construction contract management.
- High-level communicator with excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent I.T skills with experience of using Microsoft Project and Asta.
- Strong personality to raise concerns correctly and work under pressure towards agreed deadlines.
- An organised approach that understands the sequential order and deadlines of a large commercial construction project.
- CSCS card, First Aid Certificate, SMSTS.
In return, you will receive a negotiable salary of between £55,000 and £65,000 dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in the King’s Lynn and will involve travelling to construction projects as needed.